Thursday, August 27, 2009

I wonder about myself sometimes...

As if life isn't interesting enough with my crew...I decided to make things a little more interesting. I was apparently feeling the need for a change, so decided to go for potty training & 'binky-be-gone' all in one shot.



BINKY-BE-GONE
We attempted restricting the binky to just bedtime, but (just like big brother) Leighton started requesting it(well, whining) ump-teen times/day. I decided if I was going to listen to whining, we may as well only do it once. I snipped the binky that was on the counter & quickly hid the rest. He whined & screamed for it the majority of the day but finally gave in to a nap at 2:30. I'm sticking to my guns on it & I know tomorrow & hopefully tonight will be better.

POTTY TRAINING
Yesterday, we opted for going potty outside off the deck. Today has been inside on the potty. He's had a couple accidents, but is doing pretty well for the most part. He really wants to be in big boy pants & wants to go on the potty so badly (for the reward of M&M's) that he sat in there for about 15 minutes after one of his accidents...thinking he would go more. I kept telling him that he probably didn't need to go again yet, but he kept trying.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there! We only had one boy who took a pacifier~thank goodness. It was hard to take it away. I think he was just over 2 1/2 and right after potty training too!

Miranda said...

Go Leighton Go!! Him wanting to go potty is awesome and I'm sure he will forget about bink fairly soon. Will Zoe get to use a binky?? haha

Kara said...

Tiffany- You rock momma! Go get em!!!!!!!! How's it going now?? I hope L is sleeping now!