Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Well, that was a trip!

Last night we packed up the family & headed to Manhattan so mommy could get a haircut. Ideally, mommy would have went alone, but it didn't work out that way. The trip started out a little rocky with demanding/whiny kids & a grouchy mom. Thankfully things got better.....daddy & the boys played in a park during the haircut......and then daddy & the boys picked mommy up....which is when things got worse. Here's a brief synopsis:

  1. Leighton started screaming right when he heard my voice & knew I wasn't getting him out of his seat.
  2. Brecken started singing Wheels on the Bus at the top of his lungs, which made Leighton scream louder.
  3. We drove through Dairy Queen so we could quickly get on the road.
  4. While waiting in the drive through, Brecken starts chanting Octopus which actually sounds like 'APPLE PISS' (again at the top of his lungs). Thankfully he stopped when it was our turn to order.
  5. We leave DQ and start eating - Brecken is eating fries & keeps teasing Leighton with them, putting them in front of his face & then eating them. Leighton is just now starting on table food & this ticked him off b/c we weren't letting him eat them. So, mommy turns around and yells, BRECKEN, IF YOU DON'T KEEP YOUR FRENCH FRIES TO YOURSELF.... and then realize how ridiculous that sounds & start laughing....good disciplining right there.
  6. Brecken proceeds to tease Leighton, stick his hands & feet & fries in Leighton's car seat. Leighton continues to scream because of this....and everytime he comes close to falling asleep, Brecken would start chanting APPLE PISS again.
  7. I turn around again & this time yell, BRECKEN, DO YOU ENJOY LISTENING TO LEIGHTON SCREAM??? CUZ IF YOU DO....... How am I going to finish that? Cuz if you do, keep doing it? Cuz if you do, that really makes mommy mad!? Yeah, second failed attempt....couldn't really go anywhere with that one either.
  8. Aaron & I finally just stop trying (to discipline/calm) and eat our Blizzards. Brecken sees us doing so & says, Brecken Ice Cream.....I say, it's gravy. Oh the lies

They both finally settled down when we were about 10 minutes from home. What a fun family trip! I could have skipped the haircut b/c I pulled it all out on the way home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, Tiff! Seriously I am laughing my head off! That is a funny (or not so funny story) :-)
Thanks for sharing and making me feel normal.
~kara

Paige said...

That's hilarious. Unfortunately you are building my case for never having children.

penny said...

I can't believe my sweet darling grandsons could cause that much stress. Guess what goes around comes around - or have you forgotten some of "our road trips"?:) Mom