It's a question that I don't have a good answer for...a question that has a different answer, depending on day...or my mood...or what I've been thinking about that day.
As I pack up our little blue house that we have been living in the past 3 years, 4 months and 11 days, it's hard not to think about all that we are going to miss. Here's the short list:
1. Being a half a block from Nonny & Poppa.
2. Being 2 minutes from our land...for little adventures & to enjoy the peacefulness of it.
3. Having Aaron home at lunch time. This is hard for both of us...well all 5 of us.
4. Small spaces, which force us to be together - I actually like this.
5. Walking to the park...the post office...the bank...the telephone office.
6. Seeing only 2 vehicles when we do this - a.k.a. less worries when walking with 3 children.
7. The retired ladies on our street that are outside a lot...and know my children.
8. Our friends and boys' friends in town.
9. Our chickens. I know - kind of funny - but I do like them...and we haven't completely ruled out taking them :)
10. The quietness & simpleness of really small town living.
11. Our back yard.
12. Our house we brought 2 of our babies home to & the only house that Brecken remembers. Great memories!

I remember doing the same thing when we moved from Manhattan...it's hard not to think about the things one will miss! So, I try to focus on the things that I am excited about to help me as I pack!
1. A bigger refrigerator (we had to buy a 'midget' fridge to fit the space)
2. A built in dishwasher (although I'm thankful I at least had a portable)
3. A separate laundry room, rather than laundry/dining/tv/toy/mudroom combination.
4. 3 bedrooms (my boys will no longer be sleeping in our living room!)
5. A walk in closet (a.k.a. Baby W4's room until it's sleeping well at night)
6. 2 bathrooms - it's amazing how often multiple people have to go at the same time!
7. A basement for toys & riding bikes in the winter!
8. An attached garage.
9. A 5 minute drive to church...to playgroup, etc, etc.
10. Close to friends.
11. Closer to all our Manhattan doctor appointments & KSU games.
12. A little shorter drive to the in-laws...& yes, 20 minutes DOES make a difference.
13. A GROCERY STORE (although my mom was a pretty good substitute for this on most things).
Little blue house, memories & people...we will MISS YOU!!! New house...we are looking forward to new memories to create!
3 comments:
What a sweet post Tiff! YOu'll love that post for years to come!
Remind me to tell you about the Cats Meow!
Awwwwwwwwwwww! Change is good and change is hard!!! Looking forward to having you closer!
Awwwwwwwwwwww! Change is good and change is hard!!! Looking forward to having you closer!
Post a Comment