Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The day it all began...

It all began on October 18, 1997...my freshman year in college. I went to a party with a few friends & first laid eyes on this guy. He just happened to have a camera & for some reason wanted a picture with me & my friend Danielle.

We chatted some, but the party got broken up by some, ahem, officers, so the night ended early. Over the next 3 months, I stalked the guy...at the Rec center...at the library. Ok, I really didn't stalk him, but I did see him frequently at both places, but only from a distance. We were both 'too cool', or 'too chicken', to acknowledge each other, besides a quick wave.

Fast forward 3 months exactly. We met up at another party, after I begged a friend to call his apartment 3 times to convince he & his friends to come over (so maybe I was technically stalking him) :) We chatted the whole night, munching on stale popcorn out of a 2 1/2 foot tall KC Chiefs plastic pop bottle & discovered we had a lot in common. We exchanged phone numbers & the rest is history.

He popped the question 11 months after we started dating - on December 18th, 1998. My dad was so mad that Aaron didn't ask his permission first, that he punched Aaron in the face. I admire him that he was still able to smile for our first picture as an engaged couple.

Kidding...I have no idea why Aaron's nose is blue in this picture...the original doesn't look that way, so I'm not sure why it scanned that way.

1 year anniversary of dating


July 7, 2000 - He was such a romantic back then...he sent me 15 roses because it was 15 days until our wedding day.


To be continued...

3 comments:

Diane said...

Ooooo, I love this story!!! And, I love stalkers, too! That's why we hit it off so well, right? Can't wait for "the rest of the story"...

beth foster said...

oh my gosh! I thought you were being serious at first - about your dad punching him!
I'm guessing diane stalked jereme... ;)

Sarah Marie said...

1997 freshman year..ahem ~ Beer cup Ms. Tiff?

Just kidding. I love the story and I can't wait to read the next part!