Friday, February 5, 2010

Spring Cleaning...

I know it's not spring, but I'm hoping by doing some early spring cleaning, it will arrive earlier :)

I came across a blog Clean Mama & it got me motivated to do some organizing & purging of unneeded stuff.

She basically picks a spot & sets a timer for 15 minutes - takes everything out of the spot, cleans it, sorts things into 3 piles (trash, keep, give away) and puts things back. I have a LOT of areas that will take longer than 15 minutes, but it's a start :) I've just been doing one area per day & I'm loving the results! I cleaned out our bathroom cabinets while the boys were taking a bath, reorganized the craft closet while they were working on an art project & last night cleaned out the freezer while they were playing a game in the kitchen. The amazing thing with the freezer is that I didn't throw anything out...cooked a couple things for supper & just stacked it better. Looking at the first picture, that's hard to believe :)

Freezer Before:

Freezer After:

4 comments:

Rupp Family said...

good job tiff, i am trying 2 get motivated to update baby books. i have soooo neglected them. i have everything written down, just not in the book yet...someday:)

Carpenter's said...

Wow, you can come on over this week and do my basement :) Nobody will be here just make yourself at home!!

Ann said...

What a great idea!! I have been in the spring cleaning mode lately also!! I have got my laundry room and also bedroom done!!!

Kara said...

way to go Tiff.
What a difference. I have read several organization books and they all have talked about the 15 minute timer and focused organization time. I like it but haven't done it for a long time- I need to do it again!!! Thanks for the motivation!