Bedtime stories always lead to a lot of questions from my boys (in an attempt to prolong bedtime, I'm sure). It has made for some great teaching moments & memories I cherish :)
Last night, we were reading from the book The Story of Jesus. Brecken is quick to remind me of which stories we have already read, so we were down to one story in the book, The Easter Story.
As I was reading the part about Jesus dying, Brecken said, Poor Jesus, he died. I took this opportunity to remind them of how Jesus died for our sins so that we can live forever with Jesus in heaven. I talked about how our hearts are dirty from doing naughty things and how our hearts can be made clean by asking for forgiveness and asking Jesus into our heart. Leighton replied, Or we could take a bath.... They then hammered me with questions about how Jesus can get into their hearts. My answer of 'by asking Him in', was not the answer they were looking for. I pray for & look forward to the day that they understand this! :)
2 comments:
I look foward to reading their nightly devotional this weekend! I think they will be able to understand it better with this one than the one I have been using! Thank you!
Oh, this is just too sweet!
What they understand sometimes just blows my mind!
Post a Comment