Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sweet...but slightly sour





My normally cute, sweet 2 year old is going through a rough spell right now. He is demostrating a split personality...

Sweet Leighton:
1-Tells his daddy "I lub you daddy" & wants a hug whenever daddy leaves for work.
2-Loves to hold his baby sister.
3-Enjoys playing with his big brother.
4-Sits with mommy, plays with her hair & gives hugs.

Sour Leighton:
1-Throws temper tantrums & screams loudly when told no.
2-Pokes sister repeatedly in the nose or head until she cries.
3-Pinches, hits & pulls Brecken's hair when big brother antagonizes him (or does this sometimes unprovoked).
4-Hits at mommy when she tells him no or to stop doing something.

Molars? Adjusting to new baby? Terrible twos? Testing boundaries? I think he's got a lot going on...but wow, hope this phase passes soon! It's a lot of work for mommy with disciplining...almost more exhausting than being up in the night with a newborn! Thankfully, sweet Leighton is around much more often than sour Leighton. Hopefully the visits from sour Leighton cease :)

2 comments:

Kara said...

Tiff- this sounds soooooo familiar! I wish we could trade kids for a day- I think that'd be good for all of us!

Miranda said...

Oh, the tantrums to the word "No" or "Please don't do that" sound familiar too!! Let's hope "This too shall pass" :-) I really like your new header on the blog page of the three kids in bed. Very cute.