Thursday, April 30, 2009

A little ironic??

So...regarding the chicks. Our heat lamp is out at the farm with our other chickens. We thought the chicks would be 'warm enough' in our house until we got a 2nd light, but I started feeling sorry for them AND they were peeping WAY too loudly.

I was standing by my kitchen counter, where my crockpot was currently residing, in the on position. And I thought...hmmm, that's quite warm. Maybe the chicks would like to experience that warmth. So, yes, the chicks moved from a folding table, to my kitchen counter and are LOVING the warmth of the crockpot.

The irony: I'm roasting a chicken...

I'm sure that none of you will ever eat anything I prepare ever again...but I assure you, my kitchen counters will be disinfected several times before I prepare you anything.


3 comments:

Rupp Family said...

that is freakin hilarious......little wierd, but funny!! love ya tiff. thanx for sharing:):)

Anonymous said...

that is a hoot! ha!!

amy

Randy Wertenberger said...

At first I thought you were going to say that you kept them warm by putting them IN the crockpot :) That might've been a little too toasty for them :)

Amy